On this page, you’ll find area-specific regulations that supplement and/or supersede general use regulations, both of which are a condition for use and incorporated by reference into the entry permit. You’ll also find links to supporting law, websites, directions, hunt maps, and a suggestion box.
Warning shot!!! Remember, federal law also applies (link to our summary of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.) and additional may be located at the Wildlife Area that you can’t find anywhere else (e.g. check station, information kiosks, permits, reservations, road signs, etc.)
A. General Info
- Waterfowl hunting: geese, ducks coot & moorhen
- Upland Game Birds: all legal species
- Small Game: all species
[ref. § 551(t)(3)]
- County: Sutter & Solano
- Location: approx. 11 mi. N. of Knights Landing on the Sac. River (see our Google map)
- Phone: (916) 358-2900.
- Recreational use: Type C
- Region 2: Map
- Size: 57 acres
- Waterfowl Zone: Balance of State WF Zone
- Website: none ___
B. All Hunting
- Boats: ONLY
- Archery: NO equipment may be possessed except by authorized personnel (see our summary)
- Camping & trailers: NOT allowed
- Hunt area:
- Hunt days: DAILY during open seasons for authorized species
- Hunter capacity: NO limit
- Weapons: NO rifles, pistols, or archery equipment may be possessed [ref. § 551(r)(6)]
(21) Collins Eddy Wildlife Area
Type C Area 57 acres
Location: Approximately eleven miles north of Knights Landing on the Sacramento River. Access: Access by boat only. Daily Hunter Capacity: No limit. For information call (916) 358-2900.
(A) Method of Take Restrictions: No rifles, pistols, or archery equipment may be used or possessed.
(B) Hunt Days: Daily during open seasons for authorized species.
(C) Authorized Species: Waterfowl, coots , moorhens, and all upland game.
(D) Camping and Trailers: Not allowed.