- Agency: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal. Fire)
- CDFW Region: Region 1, Northern California
- County: Shasta County
- Location: south of Burney and east of Redding at the edge of the Lassen National Forest
- Phone: (530) 225-2438
- Webpage: http://www.fire.ca.gov/resource_mgt/resource_mgt_stateforests_latour.php
Warning Shot!!! Winter and spring months are often a time of high winds, deep snow, and extreme cold, making the area inaccessible to vehicle traffic except snowmobiles.
Authorized Species: all legal species, but the following are common:
- Big Game: black bear and deer
- Small Game: tree squirrel
- Upland Game Birds: blue grouse, mountain quail, and Turkey
- Bicycles: allowed only on forest roads
- Dogs: link to our summary of regulations for hunting dogs and training
- Fishing: allowed
- Horses: not allowed in the campgrounds
- Permits: see “Horses” above
- Pets: must be under control and on a leash (see “Dogs”) above
- Regulations: in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws. Warning Shot!!! Link to our summary of general use regulations for visiting State forests.
- Snowmobiles: allowed
- Vehicles: allowed only on forest roads (e.g. scooters, carts, mountain bikes, etc.