On this page, you’ll find area-specific regulations that supplement and/or supersede general use regulations, both of which are a condition for use and incorporated by reference into the entry permit. You’ll also find links to supporting law, websites, directions, hunt maps, and a suggestion box.
Warning shot!!! Remember, federal law also applies (link to our summary of the Migratory Bird Treat Act.) and additional may be located at the Wildlife Area that you can’t find anywhere else (e.g. check station, information kiosks, permits, reservations, road signs, etc.)
A. General Info
- Waterfowl hunting: geese and ducks (regs do NOT include coot & moorhen) ___
- Other activities: sport fishing, birdwatching and wildlife viewing
[ref. § 551(t)(14)]
- City: Rio Vista (10 mi. north)
- County: Solano
- Facilities: none
- Habitat: a small island and narrow peninsula extending from Prospect Island, with riparian vegetation of willows, cottonwoods, tules, and blackberries
- Phone: (707) 944-5500
- Recreational use: Type C
- Region: 3. Bay Delta map
- Size: 37 acres (approx. 10 acres above water high tide)
- Waterfowl Zone: Balance of State WF Zone
- Website: Miner Slough WLA
B. Waterfowl Season:
Access: ONLY by boat (see our Google map with boat launches and area location)
- Archery: for waterfowl hunting, a bow and arrow, crossbow bolts with flu-flu fletching, and conventionally fletched arrows are allowed while sitting on the water from scullboats or similar watercraft but ONLY for the purpose of hunting AND within the designated hunt area. Warning shot!!! During archery season, archers may NOT possess a firearm while in the field hunting with a archery equipment (see our summary)
- Boat ramps: see our Google map
- Camping & trailers: NOT allowed
- Hunt area: pic. left
- Hunt days: DAILY
- Hunter capacity: NO limit
- Passes: N/A
- Permits: N/A
- Reservations: N/A
- Weapons: NO rifles or pistols may be possessed—ONLY shotguns and archery equipment [ref. § 551(r)(33)]
C. Other Activities
- Common species: catfish, large mouth bass, crappie, striped bass are common in sloughs
(48) Miner Slough Wildlife Area
Type C Area 37 acres
Location: Approximately ten miles north of Rio Vista at the junction of Miner Slough and Cache Slough. Daily Hunter Capacity: No limit. For information call (707) 944-5500.
(A) Method of Take Restrictions: No rifles or pistols may be used or possessed.
(B) Hunt Days: Daily during open seasons for authorized species.
(C) Authorized Species: Waterfowl.
(D) Camping and Trailers: Not allowed.