On this page, you’ll find area-specific regulations that supplement and/or supersede general use regulations, both of which are a condition for use and incorporated by reference into the entry permit. You’ll also find links to supporting law, websites, directions, hunt maps, and a suggestion box.
Warning shot!!! Remember, federal law also applies (link to our summary of the Migratory Bird Treat Act.) and additional rules may be located at the Wildlife Area that you can’t find anywhere else (e.g. check station, information kiosks, permits, reservations, road signs, etc.)
- Authorized species: all legal species, but the CDFW emphasizes the following–
- Resident Small Game: rabbit
- Upland Game Birds: Gambel’s quail, chukar, and dove
[14 CCR § 630(d)(31)]
- CDFW symbols: the area webpage only reflects the following activities-
- County: San Bernardino County
Directions: Hwy 95 10 mi south of junction with Hwy 163. West on graded utility road to reserve.
- Phone: (909) 484-0167
- Region 6: Inland Deserts
- Size: acres
- Website: Piute Creek Ecological Reserve