On this page, you’ll find area-specific regulations that supplement and/or supersede general use regulations, both of which are a condition for use and incorporated by reference into the entry permit. You’ll also find links to supporting law, websites, directions, hunt maps, and a suggestion box.
Warning shot!!! Remember, federal law also applies (link to our summary of the Migratory Bird Treat Act.) and additional may be located at the Wildlife Area that you can’t find anywhere else (e.g. check station, information kiosks, permits, reservations, road signs, etc.)
A. General Info
- Waterfowl hunting: geese, ducks, coot & moorhen
- Other activities: sport fishing
[ref. § 551(t)(20)]
- City: Martinez (2 ½ miles east)
- County: Contra Costa
- Facilities: none ___
- Habitat: marsh with water channels and tiny ponds
- Location:see our Google map and directions
- Phone: (707) 944-5500 (CDFW) and (707) 944-5531
- Recreational use: Type C
- Region 3: Bay Delta map
- Size: 761 acres
- Waterfowl Zone: Balance of State WF Zone
- Website: Point Edith WLA
B. Waterfowl Season:
Access: ONLY by boat from Suisun Bay. Warning shot!!! Access from Hastings Slough is NOT allowed
- Archery: for waterfowl hunting, a bow and arrow, crossbow bolts with flu-flu fletching, and conventionally fletched arrows are allowed while sitting on the water from scullboats or similar watercraft but ONLY for the purpose of hunting AND within the designated hunt area. Warning shots!!! During archery season, archers may NOT possess a firearm while in the field hunting with a archery equipment. They CDFW archery icon is omitted (see our summary)
- Boat ramps: see out Google map with directions and launch ramp
- Camping & trailers: NOT allowed
- Caution: while wading in marshes or sloughs
- Hunt areas:
- Hunt days: DAILY during open seasons for the “Balance of State” waterfowl zone (link to CDFW season summary)
- Hunter capacity: NO limit
- Passes: N/A
- Permits: N/A
- Personal property: remove daily (e.g. blinds, decoys, fishing materials, shot shells, trash)
- Private property: observe and respect adjacent private property
- Reservations: NOT available
- Shooting hours: one half (1/2) hour before sunrise to sunset (link to Shooting Time Table for Northern California)
- Vehicles: ONLY on public roads and designated areas (violators may be towed per Vehicle Code Sec. 22659)
- Weapons: NO rifles or pistols may be possessed — ONLY shotguns and archery equipment [ref. § 551(r)(42)]
C. Waterfowl Season
- Caution: while walking and wading in marshes and sloughs
- Decoys: may NOT be left in the field
- Hunt Days: DAILY during open seasons
D. Other Activities
- Dogs: allowed ONLY in the months of July through February
- Sport fishing: common species include, ___
(51) Point Edith Wildlife Area
Type C Area 761 acres
Location: Located 2-1/2 miles east of Martinez, north of Waterfront Road. Accessible only by boat from Suisun Bay. Daily Hunter Capacity: No limit. For information call (707) 944-5500.
(A) Method of Take Restrictions: No rifles or pistols may be used or possessed.
(B) Hunt Days: Daily during open seasons for authorized species.
(C) Authorized Species: Water fowl, coots, and moorhens.
(D) Camping and Trailers: Not allowed.